I have a flat top stove. I put the pan where I think it should go and then turn the burner on. I then hold my hands around the pan and feel the heat. If one side is hotter I move the pan that way. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dawnielle Voegele" <softy5...@hotmail.com>
To: <Cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 3:33 AM
Subject: [CnD] Flat-topped stoves.

Hi,
I’m going to go visit a friend in a couple weeks. He has little experience with cooking and at his parents’, where he’s living for the summer, have a flat-topped stove. This means that it’s electric, but the burners are not visible to the touch. He wants me to teach him how to cook some easy things. I’m fine with this, but have never used a flat-topped stove, and am a little nervous about it. How will I know where the burners are located? I know there’s the obvious... turn them on, but I’d rather not turn something on and try to center my pan while it’s already on. I like being able to center whatever I’m using and then turn the burner on.
Thanks for any help you can provide,
Dawnielle