Now, there are schools that are going to ban kids from even bringing flaming hot cheetos to school. The snacks will be confiscated. Their reasoning? The snacks have no nutritional value, they are salty, and studies have shown that they, might???, have the same effects on kids as alcohol or drugs. The key word was separated by punctuation, including those question marks. In other words, they're not sure about the findings yet. Come on, you idiots! To a certain point, isn't the term "healthy snacks" an oxymoron? What is the purpose of a snack? It's supposed to taste good! If it is healthy, so much the better, but does it have? to be?? Schools should focus on education, and they should not be nutrition police. We don't pay them to keep our kids healthy. We pay them to educate our kids, and they're not doing that, either! It's getting ridiculous! Parents should take care of the kids' diets, and schools should take care of kids' education. They should work together for the betterment of the kids, but the schools, in this case, are going way! to! far!

--
If you live in the United States, are you better off than you were 4 years ago? If not, you can help change that. Election time is rapidly approaching. Do research, and think before you vote. Our future depends on our wisdom or lack thereof. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Dickhoner" <tdickho...@fuse.net>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 8:05 AM
Subject: Re: [CnD] School Treats and Related Issues!

There are some people who say that we need to get off this subject. This is a cooking site to be sure, but we also need to vent.

I'm glad to know that there are others who have responded and feel that it is a sad day when we are limited on what kids can take to school.

Our church has pot luck meals often. We know the people, and there is no question as to what is brought.

That's another story for another time.

Tom Dickhoner