To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>; "RJ" <rjf...@verizon.net>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:32 AM
Subject: Re: [CnD] Introduction and recipe

Oh no, you are following me around. Come on I know you have more recipes.

Your sister, Lois

-----Original Message----- From: RJ
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:37 PM
To: citd
Subject: [CnD] Introduction and recipe

Been a few blind list and love to share recipes. Was told years ago to join
the cooking  in the dark list years ago and finely got a round to it. Any
recipe I post I made and I am one of these cooks that go by a pinch of this and a dash of that. For one thing I hate to measure and spices I seldom do.
Now for the recipe
Crock pot Lasagna or oven lasagna.
9 lasagna noodles (no cook kind)
1 container of cottage cheese or ricotta
1 can of 24 ounce spaghetti sauce
1 pound of hamburger
a good hard grated cheese
1 med onion
4 cloves of fresh garlic
dried oregano
dried basil
crushed hot red pepper

Do not soak the noodles if doing the crockpot  soak noodles if baking in
oven for about 10 minutes.
Finely chop onions and garlic
add a little oil to large frying pan and soften the onions/garlic (if you
can see until o/g are translucent[. Now brown hamburger, breaking it up as
it browns, as you add the spices.
Now add sauce and warm thru. You can let it cool or use it immediately

Add a little of the sauce mixture to bottom of pan or crock pot. cover with
3 of the noodles. Lightly Add cottage or ricotta cheese over noodles .
Add more of the sauce. Sprinkle over grated cheese. Add another layer of
noodles than the cheese, than the sauce and the grated cheese. the last
three noodles cheese and the rest of the sauce.
In the crock pot set for three hours on high. Let set for 15 minutes and
have a lasagna meal.
In the oven
Set oven for 350 F
Cook for the first 30 minutes  covered with foil. remove the foil for the
last fifteen minutes than let rest for 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy.

See that Phil, I made it.
RJ