Exercise Daily
Walk with God

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of RJ
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 3:02 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] Here you go for yeast roles

Soft yeast     rolls

1 cup water

1/4 shortening (butter or Crisco)

1 cup milk 1%

2 teaspoons salt

1/4 cup sugar

1 egg

2 1/2 tablespoon yeast (Dry)

4 1/2 to 5 cup of Robinhood all purpose flour

heat water and shortening until melted. Put salt and sugar into large bowl,

add water and shortening mixture to bowl and stir until sugar and salt is

devolved. add milk. Make sure liquid is not to hot. Add 3 cup of the flour.

On top of flour sprinkle yeast. Mix lightly   yeast into flour and with

mixture on low blend about two minutes, until batter is smooth. add  egg and

mix in batter. remove beater and  add rest of flour until you have a elastic

dough.  with the last cup of the flour, put dough on a floured surface and

knead it lightly a couple more minutes to have a dough not sticky. Place in

a floured bowl, Cover and let rise until doubled. "this usually doesn't take

long"

Put dough (Do not punch down)  on flour surface and roll out about 15 x 18

inch rectangle. Spread Blue Bonnet Margarine  or butter(not to heavy) over
dough.

Roll from

narrow side into roll and cut roll into 1 inch slices with a sharp knife.

Placing slices on a cookie sheet  4 across and five down.

Let rise and preheat oven to 375 and bake for fifteen minutes more or less.

If you want Cinnamon rolls.

1/2 cup of sugar instead of the 1/4 cup of sugar

Sprinkle cinnamon and some raisins over dough before rolling it up.

I just use a wooden spoon to do my mixing with, seeing I don't have a mixer
that is strong enough to do the job.

RJ