Remember, you are baking the burgers at about 375 degrees. The apples give the burgers a nice taste and you can make a little sauce with the drippings and a little cornstarch if you like. You can serve them off the bun with potatoes and a salad or on the bun with some good cheese and a little mayonnaise.

Dawnelle

----- Original Message ----- From: "rebecca manners" <rebeccamann...@hotmail.com>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: [CnD] autumn dump cake

Apples on hamburgers? That is interesting. Do they do anything to tenderize the meat or just give a nice flavor?

-----Original Message----- From: Dawnelle
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2013 2:28 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org

You can find apple slices in a jar.  I buy them to use when I bake
hamburgers--laying a slice of apple on each burger.

Dawnelle

----- Original Message ----- From: "Colleen" <hers...@bresnan.net>