speaking of altered chicken, I have an old spoof you all may find a
little alarming until you realize it is a put-on.

I got this in 2000.

  News article:

   Kentucky Fried WHAT?

  KFC has been a part of our American traditions for many years.  Many people,
day in and day out, eat at KFC religiously. Do they really know what they are
eating? During a recent study of KFC done at the University
of New Hampshire, they found some very upsetting facts.

  First of all, has anybody noticed that just recently, the company has changed
their name?  Kentucky Fried Chicken has become KFC. Does anybody know why? We
thought the real reason was because of the
"FRIED" food issue. It's not. The reason why they call it KFC is because they
can not use the word chicken anymore. Why?

  KFC does not use real chickens. They actually use genetically manipulated
organisms. These so called "chickens" are kept alive by tubes inserted into
their bodies to pump blood and nutrients throughout their
structure. They have no beaks, no feathers, and no feet. Their bone structure
is dramatically shrunk to get more meat out of them. This is great for KFC
because they do not have to pay so much for their production
costs. There is no more plucking of the feathers or the removal of the beaks
and feet. The government has told them to change all of their menus so they do
not say chicken anywhere.  If you look closely you will
notice this.  Listen to their commercials, I guarantee you will not see or hear
the word chicken.

  I find this matter to be very disturbing.  I hope people will start to
realize this and let other people know.  Please forward this message to as many
people as you can. Together we make KFC start using real chicken
again