My definition of a recipe is something that is a guide to be changed or altered by the cook to fit his or her taste. Measurement are best for seasoning to be a pinch or this and a dash of that. For example, seldom do I for one ever use measuring spoon, but the feel of my fingers or how much is in my palm to judge what goes into the dish, others are about to foretake. Several times people will ask for a recipe by exact measurements of 1/8 of a teaspoon or 1/2 of a teaspoon or tablespoon, and I have no ideal. Once my daughter-in-law ask for my pizza dough recipe and was told I didn't wish to share. So I had her put out the ingredients that she measured and told her, that I would make the dough, and she could measure of what is left in each bowl. Which she did. And she still can not make a decent dough to save her soul. But yet, I have a 15 year old grand son, that I showed my style of cooking and I will be dam, if I don't believe he does a better job at times than I do.

And when some one gives a recipe, or better a guide to a dish, remember it depends on their style of cooking how that recipe is presented to you. And if you want to have fun, grab a old cookbook a hundred plus years old and follow the recipes. RJ