I butterflies a chicken breast again and stuffed it with Ham, Cheese, fried onions/sweet peppers after flattening the wings out and fastening the two wings together with toothpicks. Than dusted both sides with flour, and dipping the breast in a egg wash and coating both sides with seasoned bread crumbs. But having that a week ago, I figured I would put another spin on things and made some blue cheese sauce.
For the sauce.
added 1 tablespoon of butter to a small skillet. Sliced a few onion rings very thin, and caramelized them. Than added 1 cup of heavy cream. As soon as I felt the cream getting hot under a medium low simmer, I added 1/2 cup of blue cheese, a little at a time. Tasted it and than added some pepper. Just a pinch.
Fried the chicken on both sides for 6 minutes, only turning over once.
While this was being done. we had a leafy salad.
Cooked two sweet potatoes in the micro for 10 minutes.
I should say, the blue cheese sauce should be stirred until all the cheese is melted. Than take it off the heat until you are ready for it. Put some on the plate, and lay the chicken in it and pour the rest over the top.
And say a prayer for eating so sinfully.
LOL
RJ