Howdy Ya'll,
I do not remember who posted this awesome cookie  recipe.
I apologize for that.
My notes to myself concerning this recipe are also included.
These are slightly different than the original's notes.
And just as the person that posted this said,
These will go fast...
And they will!
Ooey Gooey Caramel Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
6 squares  (1 oz. each)  chocolate, chopped
or use semi- sweet chocolate chips
** I substituted 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips.
25 individually wrapped vanilla caramels, quartered (I recommend
Kraft Caramels)
** I substituted 3/4 cup caramel tidbits.  Much easier and  faster.
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
** Go ahead, add the nuts! Walnuts are a good substitute.

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C
** (I baked at 350°F/180°C).
Line cookie sheet  with parchment paper.
This is a must. The cookies will stick to the pan if it's not lined with parchment
2. Cream butter, sugars, egg and vanilla in a large bowl on medium
speed of electric mixer until light and creamy.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture,
beating on low speed until blended.
Stir in remaining ingredients by hand.
** I used my impeccably clean hands to mix.
 I got a good "feel" when it was mixed well.
Drop spoonfuls at least 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
The cookies will bake out to about 3 inches in diameter.
** If you are careful and keep your cookie dough on the parchment paper, clean up will be a breeze!
Bake for 8 to 12 minutes
** I baked mine for 12 minutes. at 350°F/180°C).
 5. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to rack and cool completely.
** After letting the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for five minutes, I just slid the parchment paper from the cookie sheet to the cooling rack. After about 10 minutes, the cookies were cool enough to lift off the parchment paper. After lifting the cookie off, I put it back down on the parchment paper until completely cool.
The bottoms of the cookies will remain sticky until completely cool.
Note: You may substitute white chocolate chips or chunks for the semi-
sweet chocolate.

Makes 3 dozen (3-inch) cookies.