Hi Will,
How about Butter Chicken? It's a delicious Indian dish, super easy,
very impressive! You will also need to cook some rice to serve with
it, and/or buy some Nan bread at Trader Joe's or the supermarket.

Slow Cooker  Butter Chicken
Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:20
Categories    : chicken                         crockpot
 2                     onions -- diced
 3             cloves  garlic -- minced
 3               tbsp  butter
 2               tbsp  ginger -- grated fresh
 2               tbsp  packed brown sugar
 2                tsp  chili powder
    3/4           tsp  ground coriander
    3/4           tsp  turmeric
    1/2           tsp  cinnamon
    1/2           tsp  ground cumin
    1/2           tsp  salt
    1/2           tsp  pepper
 1                can  diced tomatoes -- (28 oz/796 mi.)
 1                cup  chicken broth -- (sodium reduced)
    1/4           cup  almond butter -- or cashew butter
 3                 lb  chicken thighs -- (1.35 kg) quartered , boneless skinless
 1                cup  sour cream
 2               tbsp  chopped fresh cilantro
In slow cooker, combine onions, garlic, butter, ginger, brown sugar,
chili powder,
coriander, turmeric,  cinnamon, cumin, salt, pepper and  tomatoes.
Whisk broth with
almond butter; pour into slow cooker.
 Cover and cook on low for 5 hours up to 8
With immersion blender, purée sauce until smooth. Add chicken; cook, covered, on
high until juices run clear when  pierced,    30 to 40 minutes
Stir in sour cream. Serve sprinkled with cilantro.

(I know it calls for lots of ingredients, but once you put it together
(You can even do it the night before in the crock pot and refrigerate
until the next morning when you remove from the fridge and turn the
crock pot on!)

To make up for the seeming complicated nature of the butter chicken,
here's how to cook perfect rice in the microwave!
perfect microwave rice
2 cups long grain rice
3 and a half cups water or stock
1 and a half tsp butter or oil
salt and pepper
place all ingredients in glass container
microwave on high uncovered for 10 minutes
Then microwave at medium low uncovered  for 15 minutes
do not stir rice at any time during cooking. Season with salt and
fluff with fork before serving.

Enjoy!
Penny