From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Nicole Massey
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2014 9:19 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org; 'Blaine Deutscher'
Subject: Re: [CnD] Steak preparations

I like garlic on my steak, and I'm not big on pepper, so here's what I do.
First get the steak to refrigerator temperature if it was frozen. Next take
a bottle of olive oil and pour a bit on the top of the steak. Using clean
fingers rub it all over the steak until the steak is coated with it. Place
the steak on a plate and shake your seasoning on it -- I use garlic salt
alone, or if I want a bit more exotic flavor I use Cavender's Greek
Seasoning. Then return the steak to the fridge for at least an hour to let
the "dressing" set.
This is what steak aficionados call dressing a steak, and they turn out nice
this way. I've used this for the grill, the oven, the stovetop, and the
George too, so it's a good general dressing method for beef. You'll be
amazed at the difference in flavor the oil makes on the steak -- it's the
big factor why steakhouse steaks taste so much better.