The cost of the Keurig machines vary.  The one I have was on sale and
cost about seventy dollars.  The reservoir holds enough water for
about seven or eight cups, which is convenient if you have several
friends over, and each wants a different type of coffee.  This machine
is perfect for someone who has arthritis or other hand and arm
conditions that make it difficult to lift a heavy pot of coffee.  It's
also great for those who only want one cup of coffee a day.

Yes, it's expensive, but if you shop Amazon and other such places, you
can find sales on K-cups.

For the first couple years of the Keurig's production, I stated flatly
that I would not buy one.  Then I saw one in operation, and how
convenient it was, and I bought one!  I'm not a heavy coffee drinker,
so this is perfect for me.  The variety of K-cups is expanding all the
time, and I love to try flavors I wouldn't otherwise buy.  If I buy a
flavor I discover I don't like, I have plenty of Keurig owners who are
happy to take the coffee off my hands.

Jennifer