Two things you can do. Make sure your liquid is about 100 to 115 degrees F for dried yeast. Or use hot water. I use 180 degrees from the hot water dispenser and add some flour to the mix to cool it down to around 115 degrees and than add the yeast. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicole Massey" <ny...@gypsyheir.com>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 12:34 AM
Subject: Re: [CnD] Banana Oat Bread

Note that this recipe crashed, probably due to cold yeast. I suspect it will
come out better next time.
Banana Oat Bread
2 teaspoons (1/2 package) yeast - room temperature
2 cups bread flour
1 cup quick or rolled oats
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons light vegetable oil
1 egg (optional)
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup water

Add ingredients in the order listed. Choose crust. Push start.

Taken from The Bread Machine Baker by Elizabeth Harbison (not available
digitally that I've found) c1995