From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Julie
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:40 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] The cookbooks

Hi everyone,

know lots of you have been waiting for books, well, as of yesterday, I am
uploading them to the ftp server of a good friend.  Most of them are
available on there right now, but, I am still working on the crock pot one,
and copycat recipe book.  Those will be available shortly too.

On the page you will access 6 of the books, but the family ones, though I
have talked to my extended reaming family about them, they were not certain
they wanted those to be distributed to others.  They are distinct individual
recipes I have not seen anyplace else, so, I need to do a bit more thinking
on those.

I am tossed between making those available that I do have now, or waiting
until I have the two others complete.  I will explain each book more in
detail when I am ready to put the link up, but of the six that are complete,
the Blind and visually impaired book is the most original.  Each recipe was
an individual favorite of the "Eye am Coping" support group, so they are
very unique as well as all tried and true.  One of the biggest contributors
to that book was an individual who at one time owned and ran a bakery, and
he included many of his original recipes, which I have never seen anywhere
either.

I am excited about these, but let me say also that many of the others in
other books are not originals, they have come from many different locations,
including friends, and church members, etc, so I would appreciate it if
these are not shared without permission.  I understand several of the blind
groups have now decided to publicsh books since I have been making these
available.  These books are not to be used but for individual use.

I love this who recipe thing, and have published 3 books of my own for sale
elsewhere. I am considering putting them all on this availability list, so,
they are for your own enjoyment, smiles.  I will be sending the links
shortly, as soon as the huge crockpot book is finished, and I am closing in
on finishing that one soon.  Many many of these recipes in the books are my
own original recipes, you will not find them elsewhere.  I try to add new
items every week as I make them up, and I cook every Wednesday evening for a
homeless shelter, and they give me some great input, plus there is that
feeling that I am helping others out.

More than likely the next time I will babble on like this long letter has
become, it will be when the links are ready to go.
Thanks for listening, Julie