When you heat the pan up good, put your butter and egg in, put the lid on and turn the stove down to simmer, you'll be able to cook the eggs without flipping. I put a couple teaspoons worth of water in before putting on the lid.

... and nothing wrong with crispy edges; I like them. I prefer my version of fried eggs on the harder side anyway.
     Kathy.

-----Original Message----- From: Nancy Martin
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2014 10:20 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] cooking eggs

Hi everyone,
I have a ten inch skillet which has no lid. I use it to cook bacon and fried
eggs. My efforts to flip the eggs meet with varying degrees of success. I'm
wondering if covering the pan with foil would trap enough heat to cook the
tops of the eggs. Does this sound totally ridiculous? I'll be interested in
your thoughts.
Nancy Martin