They're designed for fried eggs, though you can used them for scrambled eggs
too.
An egg ring is simply a band of metal that you place in a pan and then put
the egg inside the ring. This contains the egg into a circle, keeping them
from running together or into something else you're cooking in a pan.
I've encountered two kinds of rings. The first kind is just a ring of metal,
though there are some that are coated with a non-stick material. Others have
a handle on them. Blind folks probably want the ones without the handle, as
these can be flipped over with a spatula, making egg turning a snap.