Nice to have you back, Becky.  That recipe looks really good!

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On Behalf
Of rebecca manners via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 11:17 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] hi from an old/new member

Hi everyone.

For those of you who don’t know me from before, my name is Becky Manners.  I am
from Georgia.

I am excited to be back on this list.

I have been cooking since I was a teenager and am still learning. I like
collecting and trying new recipes.

To keep this message on topic, here is a recipe I am going to try for supper
tonight.

Source:

Taste of Home Best of Comfort Food Diet Cookbook

Original Recipe:

“Grandma’s stuffed yellow squash”

PREP: 25 MIN. * BAKE: 25 MIN.
MAKES: 2 SERVINGS

1 medium yellow summer squash

¼ cup egg substitute

2 tablespoons finely chopped onion

¼ teaspoon salt

teaspoon pepper

2 slices bread, toasted and diced

1. Place squash in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover
and cook for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.

2. When cool enough to handle, cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out and
reserve pulp, leaving a -in. shell. Invert shells on paper towel.

3. In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, onion, salt and pepper. Stir in
toasted bread cubes and squash pulp. Spoon into squash shells.

4. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and
bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly
browned.

PER SERVING ½ squash equals 103 cal., 1 g fat (trace sat. fat), trace chol.,
490 mg sodium, 18 g carb., 3 g fiber, 6 g pro. Diabetic Exchanges : 1 starch, 1
vegetable.

My adaptations:

I am doubling the recipe so that it will serve four. I am using sliced squash
instead of stuffing whole ones and am thinking of adding shredded cheese to the
top of the dish for at least part of the baking process.  I am also using real
eggs in place of the egg substitute.

Happy cooking,

Becky