I would double the pepper flakes, but I like it hot! hot! hot!

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicole Massey via Cookinginthedark" <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>; <dd-we...@att.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2014 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: [CnD] Salsa

Here's a recipe for salsa from a friend of mine. I haven't made it yet, but
it seems to be something that has no obstacles for blind folks. She also
cautioned that you should be careful how many peppers you include, as her
first attempt she accidentally put in twice the specified amount.
Salsa

1 can crushed tomatoes, thinned down with water (we use a 28 oz large can)
1 Tbs chile piquin peppers * (careful)
1/4 tsp garlic salt *
2 Tbs chopped onion *
1/4 tsp oregano *
1/4 bundle cilantro, chopped *

Mix together.  *Measurements to suit taste.  Keep refrigerated.

The piquin peppers can be found at Whole Foods but sometimes you can find
them
in packages at other grocery stores but in the dried whole form.  The ones
at
Whole Foods were crushed flakes.