-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Alex Hall via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2014 9:04 PM
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Subject: [CnD] Trimming fat from raw meat?

Hi all,
I was wondering how you go about trimming fat. When meat is cooked, it's
easy enough to feel what's meat and what's not. In its raw form, though,
everything feels the same, to me at least. So, if you have some chicken
breasts, for instance, how would you get the excess fat off them? I know
that having fat in meat can help its flavor a lot, but sometimes there are
just parts that need to be removed before you start cooking. Granted, you
could trim it once cooked, but what if you plan to cut it up, say for a
casserole or stew? Anyway, it's just something I was curious about. Thanks.
--
Have a great day,
Alex Hall