zucchini lasagna

Today I had a large zucchini out of the garden and decided to make
zucchini lasagna

First I got out a 24 ounce can of spaghetti sauce and doctored it up to fit my taste
1 finely chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic minced
Seeing I have some fresh basil and oregano, I added it to the ground meat
Salt and pepper to taste.
Fry up the onions and add the garlic about 5 minutes later.
Today I used ground chicken that I added 1 tablespoon of olive oil to. Seeing I ground up the chicken thighs a few months ago. The olive oil help to moisten the chicken. Mix in the basil, oregano, salt and pepper to the ground meat. Now add the ground meat to the skillet and brown it with the onions and garlic, breaking it up as you go.
Than add the sauce, warm it up and let it cool.
In the mean while, seeing I don't care for ricotta cheese. I placed 1 tub of cottage cheese (12 ounces) in a strainer and put a plate over the top of the cheese and weight it down with the cheese container full of water. This helps get rid of some of the liquid in the cottage cheese.. I than took my mandolin and sliced the zucchini about 1/4 inch thick, lengthwise The cottage cheese was drained and placing it in a bowl and added about 3/4 cup of parmesan grated cheese to it and mixed well.
Now the sauce was cool and it is time to put every thing together.
Today I am using the crockpot.
First I put a crockpot liner in the pot. Seeing I am lazy and don't like scrubbing the pot. Just take the liner out, and wipe out the pot. No scrubbing.
cover the bottom of the pot with about 2/3 cup of sauce, more or less.
Lay in a single layer of zucchini and cut to fit the pot. Add more sauce and spread some of the cheese mixture over the sauce. And than another layer of zucchini , sauce, cheese, and so on. The last layer should just have the sauce over the top. Set the crockpot on low and cook for four hours. But check it to make sure you don't over cook the zucchini. RJ

---
is active.