I would, but never cook beans and rice in a crockpot.
But do cook the beans and the rice separate.
for the beans"
1/2 cup oil, I like olive oil, but canola will do.
2 carrots chopped
2 celery chopped
1 medium onion Chopped
2 cups of red beans Soaked over night.
6 to 8 cups of liquid of your choice
1 or 2 cloves of garlic minced

I use a liner for the crock for easy clean up.
Pour in the oil
Add the onions, carrots, celery
and the beans
The liquid and garlic
Salt and pepper to taste.
If wanting to use a ham bone, cut the oil to 1/4 cup.
Cook all day on low.
The rice. I just use brown
But white is fine
For the brown rice.
Rinse one cup well under cool water.
Add 2 3/4 cup of liquid of your choice
Salt to taste, I use 1/2 tsp, but most use 1 tsp
Bring liquid to a boil. Add rice. Give it a stir. Bring back to boil and cover with tight lid and turn down to the lowest simmer possible. Don't lift lid for 45 minutes. Rice is done. Fluff with a fork.
White rice
2 cups of liquid, bring to a boil and add salt one cup of rice, stir and cover with tight lid and turn heat down to the lowest simmer. Don't lift lid for 20 minutes. Rice is done.
Now  put bean soup over rice and enjoy.
----- Original Message ----- From: "sayegh.mary--- via Cookinginthedark" <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>