-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Ruby Bryant via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Sunday, September 7, 2014 2:47 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org; Vicki
Subject: Re: [CnD] electric stoves

I don't know what happened to my first message.  My great grand children
were here, and I was trying to do something with them and send a message at
the same time.  Mistake.  So, in the process, omehow, only part of my
message got sent.  Anyway, I don't know if the stove that I have is still
available.  It is a frigidair, and is a number of years old.  I really like
it, though, and don't know what I will do when I have to buy another stove.
Mine is a flat top.  The knobs for the burners turn, and they have little
arrows so you can tell where you are turning them.  On the front pannel of
the stove are a number of buttons, bake, broil, convexion, clean, and a
number of others.  Also, there is a key pad set up like a phone key pad.
So, if you wish to set the oven to 350, you press each of those numbers, and
then press start, which is to the right of the zero.  The buttons are about
finger size, slightly indented, and are a different texture than the rest of
the pannel.  You don't have
  to worry about accidentally pressing something that you didn't mean to
press, because it takes a little pressure to activate them.

Sent from my iPhone

<cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:

> The way mine works is that you put in your temperature and what you want
to do like bake, and then there is a start button which you press that turns
it on. I had quite of time getting mine labeled where I could use it as it
is a flat panel which is very sensitive. You can get something to beep
without meaning to. At least it makes a sound so that I know I've done
something. If it's not the something I intended, I have to start over.  Wish
they still had the pressure sensitive panels but I couldn't find one.
There's a long story to this one too and I won't bore you all with it. Just
suffice it to say we were able to make it useable for a blind person. Is it
ideal, no. But it functions.

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Stewart via Cookinginthedark"
<cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>

have the digial setting, but was wondering how to turn them on.

>> Steve Stewart
>> CnD Moderator
>> Email; cookda...@suddenlink.net
all of the first part of my message wasn't sent.  My great grand children
are here, and I think that in the process of doing something with them,
along with trying to send a message, I'm not sure what happened.  Shows that
I should keep my mind on one thing at a time.  Anyway, now, back to my
stove.  I have had it a number of years, so I don't even know if they still
make on like it or not.  It is made by frigidair.  It is a flat top stove.
On the front pannel of the stove, there a number of buttons, bake, broil,
convexion, clean, and several others.  There is also a number pad set up
like a phone key pad, with clear to the left of zero, and start to the
right.  So, if you wish to bake something at 350, you would press those
numbers on the key pad and then press start.  The buttons are finger size
flat round buttons which are slightly indented, and are a different texture
than the rest of the pannel.  They
 are also easy to label in braille, as you might want to do, since ther a
number of buttons.  And, as I said before, you don't have to worry about
accidentally pressing something that you didn't mean to press, because you
have to press them pretty firmly to activate them.