Wife is going camping with the girls, (quilters), for three days and dear old me got the job of making a meatloaf for their camping trip. A cabin at Pymatuning Lake. Now I started out thinking it would be a 2 pounder, but that was a pipe dream. The darn thing must be 5 pounds and a half if it is a ounce.
5 plus pounds of ground meat. Mostly beef, but some ground chicken.
1 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 onion finely minced
4 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of Worchester sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 can of cream soup. (I used celery)
2 eggs.

For the sauce.
1 can of cream soup
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons of Worchester sauce
4 teaspoons prepared mustard
Mix all sauce ingredients well and pour over meat just before cooking in crockpot or oven.

Directions:
Mix all meatloaf ingredients well. And mix a little longer. Now place on a large piece of foil and roll into a loaf the shape you are looking for.Do not pack the meat. Wife will be cooking this loaf in a crockpot. So the loaf will be shaped to fit a 1/2 inch smaller than the crockpot, keeping the meat from the edge of the pot. Place meat in pot with foil to help lift meat out of pot when it is time. I usually put two pieces of foil, crisscrossed to do this. Do not cover meat with foil. On low it takes about 8 to 9 hours and on high, which I don't like to use it takes 4 to 6 hours. Looking for a internal temperature of 190, seeing they are wanting sandwiches the next day. I usually look for a temp of 175. RJ

---
is active.