Just used my magnetic hot plate for the first time to cook hot dog that were
frozen. They turned out as good as using the stove top. The unit I bought has
raised buttons on the front and the unit is easy to operate. It default if 5
and there are to buttons after the tower button that you can turn the heat up
or down from 1 thru 10. Than after the plus and minus buttons, there are a set
of three buttons. The first raise button is the power button to  turn up the
heat as high as 1800 watts. Can't remember how far down it goes. . The second
is to keep the heat at a certain temperature, the third is a timer. Haven't use
them yet. But so far I like what I see. (feel).
As far as I can tell, the only buttons I will be using is the turn on and off
button. The plus and minus. And the temperature button to keep some thing at
the temperature I want.
RJ
P. S. Before buying one of these units, read the reviews, for some have a poor
rating by other consumers.
This one has a great rating, plus it is built to be blind friendly.
RJ
smile

---
is active.