-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of ajackson212--- via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 7:43 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] Baking potatoes in the microwave.

Hi, Brittany,
It sounds to me like you are doing everything correctly.  You may be over
cooking the potato and drying it out.  Try cooking for less time and letting
the potato stand for three minutes or so before serving.  A small to medium
potato will take four to five minutes with a resting time of about two
minutes.  You can test with a fork after about four minutes.  The fork will
go in easily.
You may also try putting the potato on a plate and not wrapping it in paper
towel.
Good luck!
Alice