After washing and piercing the potato, wrap it in plastic wrap. I've seen them in the store already washed and wrapped.
Nancy
----- Original Message ----- From: "olb--- via Cookinginthedark" <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>; "Jan" <zarf2...@verizon.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 1:11 AM
Subject: Re: [CnD] A question about microwaved baked potatoes

Brittany, here is the method for a recipe for baked potato in the microwave.

This is from allrecipes.com and this is for 1 potato.

If you want to make more than one, put the desired amount on a microwave safe plate; check for doneness with a fork as you might have to add a minute or so for each potato. Okay, here is the Google method. Hope this helps.

Scrub the potato, and prick several time with the tines of a fork. Place on a plate. Cook on full power in the microwave for 5 minutes. Turn over, and continue to cook for 5 more minutes. When the potato is soft, remove from the microwave, and cut in half lengthwise. Season with salt and pepper, and mash up the inside a little using a fork. Top the open sides with butter and 2 tablespoons of cheese. Return to the microwave, and cook for about 1 minute to melt the cheese.

Top with remaining cheese and sour cream, and serve.