Hi Will,

If I have to start eating that stuff with a fork, I just won't eat it out
any more. Seriously, I have learned to ask for help. If your friends prefer
that you eat pizza with a fork, discreetely ask one of them to cut it up for
you. As for catsup, most places can give you a small dish for your catsup.
Sometimes, salad is my worst nightmare. Big pieces mean shoving in the
extra.  I am certainly capable of cutting things up, but is so stresses me
that I don't enjoy eating. One thing I have found is that many restaurants
are willing to cut up things like steak in the kitchen with their very sharp
knives. If not, I just ask the sighted person next to me if they would mind
cutting things up. I suggest you feel out your friends to see what they are
comfortable with. As a blind person, there are many ways to be embarrassed
and sometimes we have to pick the least embarrassing thing. I hope this
helps. I have many years of eating as a blind person. Oh yes, never be
afraid to ask questions.

Linda