Hi, Lauren, welcome to the list. You mentioned some recipes that sound unique! Please describe raw brownies? Have you ever tried "vegemite?" I did once and that was enough.

-----Original Message----- From: Lauren Hayes via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:24 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] Introduction

Hey everyone,

Have been on the list for a week or so and thought I should probably say hi
and introduce myself.

So, I'm Lauren, 29, and live in Melbourne Australia. I have a few different
hats, with a background initially in music therapy, then working in
disability advocacy, studying postgraduate theology and now working in
history research and audio transcription. I'm still trying to work out what
I want to be when I grow up.

I live in a sharehouse, and love to cook. The equipment I use most often is
my Breville Grill, induction hot plate and slow cooker. My previous
housemate owned a thermomix, which I claimed as my own until she had to move
out. I'm trying to get hold of one, but the newly released model is
inaccessible. I won't go into this now as it's a bit of a soap box of mine
at the moment. I'll save the rant for a separate post.

My favourite Dishes to Cook include:

.         Thai and Indian curries

.         Bolognaise, or pasta with roasted veggies

.         Chicken and quinoa salad

.         Raw brownies

.         Raw chocolate mousse (made with avocado, banana and cacao)

.         Kidney bean chocolate cake (trust me, it actually works)

I'm gluten free, so I'm always looking for new and creative things to cook.

Looking forward to getting to know you and being part of the list
discussions.

Cheers,

Lauren