It really depends on the recipe. the problem with spinach is that
sometimes a recipe will call for a package without specifying the
size. Spinach comes in several sizes from 10, 12, 16, etc. I generally
go on gut instinct when following a recipe. I find that the only time
this can be a problem is when baking.