I always put my item which I am using at the back of the counter or by the sink. I never leave a container in the middle of the counter. If this does not work put your container which you are using in a tray.

From: "ellen telker via Cookinginthedark" <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2015 10:03 AM
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>; "Charles Rivard" <wee1s...@fidnet.com>
Subject: Re: [CnD] Frustrations in the kitchen sometimes

I'm really surprised that when this topic was discussed a while back, nobody mentioned my biggest problem. That is dropping and/or knocking things over. I always try to put the lids back on things when they are not actually in use, but I do fear knocking the thing over while I'm reaching for the lid to put back on. Fortunately, I am not a coffee drinker so I do not knock mugs over unless they are my reader's when I'm reaching to hand her something. Sighted people have this problem to some extent too, because my reader says that from actual experience the worst things to drop are blueberries. Isn't it fun to think you have them all, and then later when you've forgotten all about them, you step on one so you have a blue spot on the floor and your footwear. Cherry tomatoes and grapes are second and third in line. And have you had the pleasure of trying to clean up spilled salad dressing or oil? What brings this up is that this morning I knocked over my container of pistachios while I was nibbling on a few. Well, first I had to put my guide dog in her crate, and my pet dog outside because my guide dog is a lab so she thinks vacuum cleaner is in her job description. Then I crawled around for about 15 minutes picking up pistachios. I actually did very well because when the dogs were allowed back, I only heard about 8 or 9 crunches. I hope this gives you all a good laugh because I really don't think I am the only one who has this problem so I think you can sympathize and maybe elaborate on the subject. And I might as well ask a question. If something like a blueberry, pistachio or tomato falls on the floor but has not been squashed, do you throw it out or do you wash it of and use it? Ellen and the animals who like living here because sometimes they get unexpected snacks ----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Rivard via Cookinginthedark" <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>