You might also try inserting the dough into an empty paper towel roll to help
it keep its shape.  After chilling in the roll, it might be easier to get
uniform slices.   I'm going to have to get some rosemary and try this, too!

-----Original Message-----
From: ajackson212--- via Cookinginthedark
[mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 8:56 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] Slicing cookies from a log.

Hi, Ellen,
If you are hesitant to slice cookies why not form the dough into 1/2 inch balls
and then flatten them with the bottom of a drinking glass dipped in flour to
the desired thickness.  You can wrap the dough in plastic and chill it well
first.
If you have a knife with a guide you could use that to make your slices uniform.
The recipe sounds delicious; I'll have to try it soon; I love the flavor of
rosemary.
Good Luck!
Alice

---