From: Alex Hall via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2015 8:46 PM
To: janbrown
Cc: [cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Subject: Re: [CnD] I have a huge streusel problem

Well, the melted butter recipe I tried today was new, so I'll stick to my usual
one. I mix the dry ingredients together--cinnamon, flour, and brown sugar
usually, but sometimes oats and/or other spices. I then remove a stick of
butter from the fridge and cut it into 20 or 24 pieces--little cubes--which I
put in the dry ingredients. Finally, I mix it all around with my hands,
squeezing the butter into smaller lumps as it softens enough to allow this. I
try to work as much of the dry stuff into the lumps as I can, without melting
them. By the end of it, I usually end up with buttery lumps somewhat smaller
than marbles, plus  a ton of extra dry ingredient mixture that has nothing with
which to combine. Plus, my lumps are rather soft, and even if I refrigerate the
whole thing, it just never seems… right.

Have a great day,
Alex Hall
mehg...@icloud.com