Hey list,
Somewhat related to my taco obsession from last week, and in response to the
rising cost of meat, I had a thought. I'dd like to try replacing the ground
beef we use for tacos and taco-related dishes (such as my precious rice/taco
meat/cheese dish) with lentils. What I'd like to know is: how do I prepare
them? Not the lentils specifically, I can cook those. How and when do I mix in
the taco seasoning? Do I boil the lentils in water along with the seasoning, or
boil and drain them, then add it? Do I drain them entirely? Add anything to
them? If anyone has done this, what's the best way to get the seasoning to
really stay in the lentils, to get as close to the taste of taco mea as
possible? Thanks.

--
Have a great day,
Alex Hall