Not sure, because I don't cut them. I suppose that you'd start at one edge and measure so that it would be close to being equal pieces, then press until the knife is on the plate at the sharp end. Then apply pressure gradually until the knife has been worked down into the sandwich. Then lift up on the knife and follow the partial cut until the sharp edge is almost at the end of your cut, stab until the point meets the plate and proceed as before until the sandwich has partially been cut all the way across. You should then be able to put the knife back at the starting point and, with one swipe, pull it through the sandwich with the sharp edge touching the plate. This sounds more complicated when reading it than it is to do. A good idea might be to practice on something thin, at home, until you get the idea. A grilled cheese sandwich could be used. I hope this made sense?? I've been picturing doing it in my head as I've been typing.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Will Henderson via Cookinginthedark" <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 1:21 AM
Subject: [CnD] Cutting big sandwiches and stuff

This may be a weird question, but it's something I've been thinking about
lately.

When you eat sandwiches, especially those that have some bulk to them, do
you cut them in half for easier eating?

What about messier things, like hamburgers served to you at a non-fast food
restaurant?

I was served a burger today, and I found that there was a knife already in
the burger for cutting in half. Even though I made sure it didn't have too much stuff on it, it had enough to make the cutting of the burger messy and
awkward.  Of course, by the time it was over, my fingers were all over the
thing and while I somehow got it done, it was a job that I'm sure did not
look very attractive. <smile>

Any tips?