I love, love, love my flat-top stove. No longer does something cook
over and drip into the burner, creating a smokey, smelly mess,
invariably immediately before guests arrive for dinner! It's easy to
clean, easy to use! I just hold my hand about 10 inches above where I
think the burner is located and find it by detecting the burner's
heat.

I think the flat-top electric stove is one of the better appliance
advancements of the past 20 years!
Penny