Hi all,
I really, really love can pie. My sister recently made one, only her second
attempt, and it tasted very eggy. I would compare it to a custard pie, with the
small bits of egg and the egg flavor you’d expect. However, when I get this pie
in a restaurant, the filling is very smooth, more like the texture of pumpkin
pie than custard. (Yes, I know pumpkin pie is a custard, but it’s totally
smooth whereas custard is eggy.) Does anyone know of a pecan pie filling recipe
that’s not eggy and that would come out smooth? Hopefully I’m making sense.
Thanks.