You're absolutely right. I've come across recipes that call for a package of noodles. There are different sized packages.

-----Original Message----- From: John McConnell via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2016 4:56 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: John McConnell
Subject: [CnD] Vague recipes

Hello:

We have the Casserole Classics cookbook in Braille.

In Vol. I. we did the chicken and dressing casserole.

The recipe called for cans of soups, evaporated milk, and even half cans of
ingredients.

My point is, there were no can sizes given. Therefore, I had to guess.

The final instructions were to bake at dg425 for about 25 minutes, or "until
golden brown." I frankly, due to our oven temperature, increased the baking
time.

When people who are blind/visually impaired create a recipe, especially for
those of us who also like to cook.

They should be more explicit, specific in regard to exact ingredients.

Just my opinion.

Thank you.

Regards,

John and Carol McConnell