Slow Cooker Brownie Bread Pudding

David's Notes:

I love an easy bread pudding recipe, and this one would go perfectly with my
eggnog ice cream!

Serves 8-10

Ingredients:

2 lbs. store-bought brownie bites, halved

1 cup walnut pieces, toasted

2 (12-oz) cans evaporated milk

1/2 cup sugar

2-1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

8 oz. semi sweet baking chocolate, chopped

8 egg yolks

Preparation:

1.       Spread half of the brownie bites in an even layer on the bottom of
a slow cooker. Evenly spread half of the walnuts on top of the brownie
bites. Add the rest of the brownie bites and the walnuts.

2.       Add the evaporated milk, sugar, cinnamon, and espresso powder to a
medium-sized saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally,
until the mixture comes to a simmer. Add the chocolate and whisk until the
mixture is melted and smooth.

3.       Place the egg yolks into a bowl. Whisk about 1 cup of the heated
milk mixture into the egg yolks. Then in a slow stream, add the egg mixture
to the milk, mixing the milk mixture constantly. Pour the entire mixture
into the slow cooker, pressing down the brownies so there covered by the
milk mixture.

4.       Cover, set the slow cooker to high, and cook for 1 hour and 45
minutes. Serve warm.