When they say "cane sugar" do they just mean regular white sugar?

Susie

-----Original Message-----
From: Sugar via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 9:30 AM
To: CND
Cc: Sugar
Subject: [CnD] SWEET AND SPICY PECANS

SWEET AND SPICY PECANS

"These flavor-infused pecans somehow manage to be crunchy, sweet, savory, and
spicy - all at the same time. It's a dangerously addictive combination that
also happens to play well with just about every cocktail it meets. For pretty
party favors or stocking stuffers, package these fragrant nibbles in sheer
organza or cellophane bags tied with colored ribbons. Shake it up with a mint
julep."

4 cups pecan halves
1/3 cup natural cane sugar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon sea salt, plus more to taste
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Spread the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven to lightly
toast, 5 to 7 minutes.

While the pecans are toasting, combine the cane sugar, rosemary, salt, black
pepper, and cayenne in a bowl and stir to mix. Place the butter and vanilla in
a separate bowl, remove the pecans from the oven and add them to the butter and
vanilla mixture, tossing to coat. Add the spice mixture and toss again to coat
evenly.

Return the pecans to the baking sheet, spread them evenly, and bake for 8 to
10 minutes more, until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired. Let cool completely-they will get
crispy after they cool-before storing in an airtight container until ready to
serve, or for up to 1 week.

(note)
As a blind individual I will remove the tray after time given above and taste a
pecan or two to make sure they are toasting or toasted enough. This is one of
those recipes that when toasting nuts it is a taste as you go thing.
But with some patience and time and practice you will get it right, I do pretty
good..smile Isn't testing new recipes always so much fun?smile Good luck and
again keep checking your nuts for the right amount of toastiness you desire..it
can be done"

VARIATIONS:
Mix things up by flavoring the nuts with different combinations of herbs and
spices.

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust
in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life" ( Psalm
143:8).
-Sugar

---