When are they brown?

-----Original Message----- From: Sugar via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2016 4:07 PM
To: CND
Cc: Sugar
Subject: [CnD] Mexican Fried Bread

Mexican Fried Bread
4 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
3 tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
Vegetable oil for frying
Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl. Cut in
shortening until mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in milk until mixture
forms a firm dough. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface just until
smooth. Cover, let rest for 20 minutes. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness; cut
into squares or diamonds. Heat oil in a deep saucepan or deep fat fryer to
375 degrees on deep fat frying thermometer. Fry dough a few at a time,
turning often so they fry evenly, until golden brown. Remove from oil with
slotted spoon onto paper towel to drain. Serve hot with butter (with a meal)
or sprinkled with cinnamon sugar or with a pitcher of warm honey (for
dessert).

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my
trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life" (
Psalm 143:8).
-Sugar

---