The praline recipes I found needed a candy thermometer and cooked to soft-ball
stage and I didn't feel like messing with that.

I have a friend from Georgia and she used to make these all the time.  This is
not her recipe but it should be very similar.  They are crunchy and sweet.

Jerry's Sugared Pecans

Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
3 large egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups pecan halves

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Line a large baking sheet with sides with aluminum foil.

Pour the butter onto the lined sheet.

In a large bowl, mix the egg whites, sugar and cinnamon. Add the pecan halves
and toss until they are fully coated. Spread the pecans onto the baking sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes, stirring
the pecans every 10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes
before serving.

Recipe adapted from Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen by Trisha Yearwood
(c) Clarkson Potter 2008
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/jerrys-sugared-pecans-recipe.html
accessed 12-11-16 at 9:00 p.m.

Blessings,