Hi,
Thanks for the recipe.
    Jeanne

-----Original Message-----
From: Lori Castner via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2017 12:37 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Lori Castner
Subject: Re: [CnD] Christmas baking; bread

Yeast Rolls (Refrigerator)

This is the recipe that my Home Ec. teacher in Junior High gave each student to
use for making rolls. I bake rolls for Thanksgiving using this recipe. In fact,
this is the only recipe I use for dinner rolls. You can skip the step for
refrigerating the dough if you wish to bake rolls immediately.

1 Pkg. dry yeast
1/4 cup lukewarm water
1/4 cup shortening or butter
1 cup warm milk
1/2 Tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
about 4 cups sifted flour

Sift flour. Soften yeast in warm water. Add shortening to milk. Beat egg and
add sugar, cool milk mixture, and yeast water mixture. Stir in salt and enough
flour to make a stiff enough dough to knead. Knead dough about 10 minutes until
silky and pliable.
Set in greased bowl turning dough to grease top. Let dough rise until double in
size. Punch dough down and place in refrigerator. (Dough will keep about a
week). Remove from refrigerator and shape. Let rise. Bake in 400 degree oven
for 10 to 12 minutes.

Lori C.