Hi, I have a question for this recipe. For the vanilla, baking soda and salt it says tablespoon. Is that right? It seems a bit much to me.
Thanks.
Anna

-----Original Message----- From: Marilyn Pennington via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2018 8:23 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Marilyn Pennington
Subject: [CnD] Banana Chocolate Chip Loaf

Banana Chocolate Chip Loaf

Serving Size  : 1

 1         cup  sugar

 1/2      cup  butter, softened

 2         eggs

 1         cup  mashed ripe bananas

 1/2      cup  milk

 1         tablespoon  pure vanilla extract

 2         cups  all-purpose flour

 1         tablespoon  baking soda

 1         tablespoon  salt

 1         cup  semisweet chocolate chips

 1/2      cup  nuts (optional)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan. Cream the sugar
and butter with an electric mixer until light.  Add the eggs and mix well.

On low speed, mix in the bananas, milk, and vanilla. Stop the mixer and add
the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined, then stir in the
mini chocolate chips and nuts. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until a
wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Cool
in the pan 5 minutes; turn onto a wire rack to cool completely before
slicing.  ** NOTE:  Mini chocolate chips work better than regular chips
because the regular size ones tend to sink to the bottom of the loaf during
baking.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 2712 Calories; 67g Fat (21.4%
calories from fat); 49g Protein; 504g Carbohydrate; 17g Dietary Fiber; 441mg
Cholesterol;