Servings: 5 - 8
Author: Sandy Clifton
Ingredients
list of 12 items
• 1 1/2 lbs Ham Hock (or ham bone) (I use one large one)
• 1 lb Navy Beans* (dry, or soaked for 2 hours)
• 6 cups Broth or Water (low sodium) chicken or made from pork bones.
• 1 Large Yellow Onion, chopped
• 3 Ribs Celery, chopped
• 3 Carrots, chopped (chop larger pieces if you want firmer veggies, as
they will be soft)
• 4 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
• 2 Bay Leaves
• 3 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
• 1/3 cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
• 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
• 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
list end
Instructions
list of 6 items
1. Add all ingredients to the inner liner of the Instant Pot. Stir (Make
sure the beans are fully submerged so you don't get any crunchy ones).

2. Put the lid on, and set the steam release knob to the Sealing position.

3. Press the Beans/Stew button and the + or - button to choose 35 minutes.

4. When the cooking cycle ends, turn off the pot and let it naturally
release pressure for 20-30 minutes.

5. Carefully release the remaining steam manually, using short bursts at
first to make sure the soup won't spew out of the steam release knob.
When all
steam is out of the pot, and the pin in the lid drops, open the lid
facing it away from you.

6. Serve hot with some nice bread or rolls.
list end

Recipe Notes

*I soak my beans for 2 hours and use 35 minutes for this recipe. If you
don't soak your beans, try 40 minutes and add more time if you need to.