Last week, we had a power spike that killed the gas range in the house
where I live.  The gas range is out of warranty so may need replacing.
>From what I understand, that could be replaced by another gas range,
perhaps an electric range, or some induction rings.  Whatever comes in for
me to use it will either need to have enough braille on it so I can use
the stove oven and broiler or it will need to speak since I've never had
sight during this lifetime.  The original range I think was a genair with
a touch pad that ran the oven and four dials on the front for each of the
burners.  The house uses propane from tanks now and the burners on the
stove work but that electric spike killed the display the light and the
clock.  If the Nuwave Precision Induction cookers have accessible buttons
rather than a touch panel we might buy one or more of them to replace the
stove.  Top restaurants are replacing their stoves with induction coils
since it allows for increased flexibility in use of counter space coils
not needed can be hung on the wall until needed and it makes for easier
pest control if bugs can't get into many hidden spaces in stoves.