From: Cookinginthedark On Behalf Of Nicole Massey via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 5:19 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Nicole Massey <ny...@gypsyheir.com>
Subject: Re: [CnD] electric rice cooker

I've had three of them. One was so small it only did a single serving of
rice. I don't know what brand that was.
I had a nice Panasonic that was almost big enough to run an oriental
restaurant. It gave me years of great service before burning out the heating
element.
I got a smaller one from Aldi about two years ago, I'll have to look up the
brand.
All of them were single control devices -- you put the rice and water in and
push down the little lever and they start up. (assuming you've also plugged
them in) I've found that brown rice does well if you soak it for an hour or
so before cooking. Oh, and all three heated like a warming tray when not
cooking, so you can keep the rice warm after it cooks.

Sent from my HAL 9000 in transit to Jupiter