My brother and I bought an investment property a few years ago for my parents
to live in, and we've heard nothing but complaints about the status of the
apliences since then, as they really are bad, but that is the place they chose,
and we are tackling the items from most important, like HVAC and non-leaky,
custome made sizes of windows in the cathedral ceiling sunlights and sliding
doors first. I went up to visit them for Christmas, and whie we were together
my brother and I went out to purchas the dishwasher and stove. My mother
already researched which brands had all the features she wanted, duel, gas
stovetop, electric inside, with convection bake, and self-cleaning, and without
knowing the exact model, knew it was a Bosh. Putting all that together, that
helped narrow it to one. The five burner knobs on the front are fairly thick,
and easy for my mother's severe arthritis to grab. While she would prefer a
knob to adjust the temperature of the oven, the flat panel is not a touch s
 creen, so it would be very easy to label with dimo tape or loc dots like the
microwave. Essentially it's just the functions on one side, bake, convection
bake, clean, and whatever an oven does, then the other side has a numpad. The
pad is used for both, temperature and a timer, but you don't have to bother
using the timer in order to make it turn on.

This model was pricy, but you can get it not duel, gas and electric, or skip
out on something else, and the same model is available, with the same controls

As to the dishwasher, it too is a not complicated Bosh. It's buttons are about
the size of large stanps, and tactile, that is, after you find them. Rather
than being on the front face, it's on the top edge of the door, after you open
it. If I recall, the buttons are not on the edge of the front panel, but the
thick liner that incelates the temperature of the water. If needing labels, I'm
sure they would be safe to put below them, on the top edge of the front panel,
closer to you, as that does not get wet. I'm not sure if the buttons get wet or
not, but I'm guessing they do warm a bit.

I don't know how excited you can get about dishwashers, but what I liked,
probably available in many other models, is above the top wrack, there is a
little hidden drawer. This is where you not only put the long serving utencils
that are too tall to put in the silverware basket below, but my mother uses it
for the sharp knifes. That way when I'm shuffling through and sorting the
utencils into their drawer, I don't have to move slowly to avoid cutting
myself. In the past she always tried to put them upside-down in the basket, but
this drawer is a nice little touch.