From: Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org> On Behalf Of
Teresa Mullen via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 9:34 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Teresa Mullen <teresamulle...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CnD] Sugar’s Tamale Pie

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 9:02 PM Sugar Lopez via Cookinginthedark <
cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:

> Sugar’s Tamale Pie
>

> I've made this plenty of times, and it's really good!!
>

> 2lbs. ground beef-I use lean
>
> 1 2 cans black pitted olives
>
> 1 can of whole Kernel Corn
>
> *       Lately I’ve been using cream corn and I like it better*
>
> 1 lg chopped onion
>
> 2 strans chopped green onion
>
> 1 small chopped green bell pepper
>
> 1-2 cups of grated cheddar cheese(see note at bottom)
>
> 1 small can Tomato Sauce
>
> or Diced tomatos with flavor like roased garlic and oregano etc..
>
> ½ teaspoon Chili powder pepper
>
> Garlic powder, to taste
>
> Salt to taste
>
> 2 boxes of Jiffy Corn bread mix
>
> (Each box will take 1 egg and 1/3 milk
>
> You will prepare each box separately
>

> Preheat oven to 350 for about 20 minutes.
>
> Spray Pam on baking dish
>
> Mix 1 box of corn bread mix and pour in to baking dish.
>
> Place in oven for about 15 minutes to lightly brown the bottom (not
> baking it just yet) then take it out
>

> Brown beef for about 10 minutes. Add garlic powder and salt. Add
> onions, green onion, bell peppers, and chili powder.
>
> Let simmer until brown, Add olives and corn and tomato sauce.
>
> When ready, pour meat over baking dish with bottom of corn bread
>
> Spread cheese on top of meat.
>
> Grab the other already prepared box of corn bread and pour carefully
> over top layer.
>
> I like to use a plastic spoon or spatula as it is a challenge
>
> Mix the other box of corn bread mix and pour on top of cheese.
>
> Place in oven for 40 minutes or until corn bread is brown. Remove and
> serve.
>
> *note*
>

> If you are a cheese lover like I am, you may use as much cheese as
> possible Also, if you wish more vegetables, you may such as: red bell
> pepper, or yellow.
>

> Enjoy!!
>

> “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
>
> - - Winnie the Pooh
>
> 🙏, 😘
>
> I appreciate your friendship/support at:
>
> https://www.gofundme.com/sugars-transplant-journey
>
> -Sugar

Hello sugar have you made one with using tamale MASA? I am in wanting to learn
that one as well this one is a good easy recipe to make but I would like to
learn to make the one with the tamale MASA do you have a recipe for that one?
God bless you thank you in advance
--
sincerely,
teresa mullen