This sounds like wonderful bread. Now, if I could just find where to buy it
already made. (smile)

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org> On Behalf Of
Sugar Lopez via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2020 10:08 PM
To: CND List <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Cc: Sugar Lopez <sugarsy...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [CnD] SWEDISH COFFEE BREAD

SWEDISH COFFEE BREAD

1 c. milk

1/2 c. sugar

4 to 5 c. all-purpose fl our

1 tsp. salt

1 tbsp. shortening

2 tbsp. butter

2 eggs, lightly beaten

10 cardamom seeds

1 pkg. dry yeast

Use a deep bowl. Pour hot milk over shortening, butter, sugar and salt. When
lukewarm, add dissolved yeast and cardamom seed (use fresh cardamom and roll
into small crumbs). Stir in 1 cup flour, then beaten eggs. Then stir in
remaining flour until you get a workable dough. Knead until somewhat elastic,
about 10 minutes. Place in bowl. Cover with cloth and let rise to double in
bulk, about 2 hours.

Cut down and make into braids, twists, loaves or buns. Let rise about 1 or 1
1/2 hours until double in bulk.

Brush with beaten egg and water. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and brush with
melted butter. Bake at 350F for 12 minutes. Check after 8 minutes. Should be
golden brown.

"If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique challenges
each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more
love, patience, tolerance, and care."

🙏 I appreciate your friendship/support at:

-Sugar 😘

https://www.avg.com