Tilapia with Jasmine Rice

This is very good and is so easy to make. A nice way to get some
fish in the diet. Need to watch the rice carefully so it doesn't get too
dry. I might add a little more water next time I cook it.

Recipe By : Shirl Parsons of Cape Carteret, North Carolina
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time:
Categories : Fish and Shellfish

3/4 cup water
1/2 cup uncooked jasmine rice
1 1/2 teaspoons butter
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing

In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice and butter to a boil. Reduce
heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and
rice is tender.

Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over fillets. Place salad dressing in a
large skillet; cook over medium heat until heated through. Add fish; cook
for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve
with rice.

Recipe Author: Shirl Parsons of Cape Carteret, North Carolina

Recipe Source: Healthy Cooking August/September 2008

Author Note: "To die for," is how Shirl Parsons of Cape Carteret, North
Carolina describes this recipe for tender, full-flavored tilapia. Fragrant
jasmine rice brings a special touch to the mouthwatering dish. And it gets
better-each serving has only 5 grams of fat!